Definition of Wedgwood in English:
1Ceramic ware made by the English potter Josiah Wedgwood (1730–95) and his successors. Wedgwood is most associated with the powder-blue stoneware pieces with white embossed cameos that first appeared in 1775.
- The Museum (two doors down the road) already housed the splendidly wide-ranging collections of decorative art and antiquities given in 1867 by Joseph Mayer, from medieval ivories to Wedgwood.
- My favorite type of Wedgewood is their jasperware.
- Do you collect Wedgewood?
1.1A powder-blue color characteristic of Wedgwood stoneware.
- Waving to her friend, she rose, carefully gathered up the hem of her pale Wedgwood blue dress trimmed in white lining, and trudged off lazily to meet the calling voice.
- She wore glasses over her Wedgewood eyes to deflect admiration, my father had told me.
Definition of Wedgwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan