- The branch of astronomy concerned with the detection and measurement of high-energy electromagnetic radiation emitted by celestial objects.More example sentences
- The field of X-ray astronomy profited by some of the technological developments that went on in these programmes.
- ‘Giacconi really can be considered the father of cosmic X-ray astronomy,’ Hughes says.
- So X-ray astronomy came of age as a branch of science only when suitable detectors were placed in orbit around the Earth.
More definitions of X-ray astronomyDefinition of X-ray astronomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary