- A small almost transparent freshwater fish with an opaque body cavity. Native to South America, it is popular in aquariums.
More example sentences
- Pristella maxillaris, family Characidae
- In the wild, X-ray fish - Pristella maxillaris, originate from Brazil.
- The pretty little X-Ray Fish, also called the Golden Pristella Tetra, is an excellent fish for the beginner.
- U could be uakari (a type of monkey, pronounced wah-KAH-ree) urchin x-ray fish - common name prisella X-ray fish Old favourite of the aquarium world from the 1920's.
More definitions of X-ray fishDefinition of X-ray fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary