Definition of X-ray fish in English:
A small almost transparent freshwater fish with an opaque body cavity. Native to South America, it is popular in aquariums.
- Pristella maxillaris, family Characidae
- In the wild, X-ray fish - Pristella maxillaris, originate from Brazil.
- The pretty little X-Ray Fish, also called the Golden Pristella Tetra, is an excellent fish for the beginner.
- U could be uakari (a type of monkey, pronounced wah-KAH-ree) urchin x-ray fish - common name prisella X-ray fish Old favourite of the aquarium world from the 1920's.
Definition of X-ray fish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan