- A device for generating X-rays by accelerating electrons to high energies and causing them to strike a metal target from which the X-rays are emitted.More example sentences
- A designated spot on an artifact is subjected to high energy produced by an X-ray tube.
- In an X-ray tube the beam of electrons is focused on a target of either tungsten or molybdenum which gives off X-rays.
- An X-ray tube inside the machine rotates around your body and sends small doses of radiation through it at various angles.
More definitions of X-ray tubeDefinition of X-ray tube in:
- The British & World English dictionary