Definition of Xerox in English:
1A xerographic copying process.
- On the ground, LynxOS is also used on HP LaserJet printers and Xerox copiers.
- The company employs 250 technicians to repair Xerox photocopiers and other equipment in offices in Melbourne and Sydney.
- Jack had Xerox copies of many of his stories in the pencil phase, and the TwoMorrows company is now engaged in a most worthwhile project, which is to preserve and restore those Xeroxes.
1.1A copy made using a xerographic process.
- In brief, India would be a Xerox copy of Gujarat, India would be co-opted as part of Gujarat.
- Apparently, it has made a big stir within the company, with Xerox copies proliferating everywhere.
- It makes the images look rough, imperfect, like color Xeroxes, but larger.
1.2A machine for copying by xerography.
- A friend and colleague at the university has been passing around a poster that he made on a Xerox machine.
- A fanzine is basically a homemade cut-and-paste mag duplicated on a Xerox machine.
- Prestige Business has become the number one dealer of Xerox copy machines.
verb(xerox) [with object] Back to top
Copy (a document) using a xerographic process.
- On these occasions, the article has to be xeroxed and laid out on the desk for him.
- So don't just xerox every page and try to perfectly replicate every single example.
- She would have xeroxed articles and photographs, marking particular paragraphs and details.
1950s: an invented name, based on xerography.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan