- (In humans and other mammals) a sex chromosome that is normally present only in male cells, which are designated XY. Compare with X chromosome.More example sentences
- If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.
- Genes in the second group are expressed exclusively in testes and form gene families on the Y chromosome.
- Bone marrow derived cells were identified by the presence of the Y chromosome, ordinarily found only in males.
More definitions of Y chromosomeDefinition of Y chromosome in:
- The British & World English dictionary