(also Yahvist /-vist/)
- The postulated author or authors of parts of the first six books of the Bible, in which God is regularly named Yahweh. Compare with Elohist.More example sentences
- Blood is spilled on the earth in old rites masked as simple superstition so as not to raise the ire of the Yahwist religious rulers of Samaria.
- Gehazi is a Yahwist, however, who understands nothing of the transformative faith to which the narrative attests.
- The Yahwist tells us that from the beginning of time, God intended marriage to be a covenant of oneness, a unity of heart, mind, and body.
More definitions of YahwistDefinition of Yahwist in:
- The British & World English dictionary