(also yellow pages)
Definition of Yellow Pages in English:
plural noun( trademark in the UK and South Africa)
1A telephone directory, or a section of one, printed on yellow paper and listing businesses and other organizations according to the goods or services they offer.
- Do they want work or do they have their names and addresses printed in Yellow Pages for fun?
- The Yellow Pages are full of listings for general building contractors.
- RR Donnelley continues to print Yellow Pages and Business Pages for Yell.
1.1A business directory accessed through the Internet.
- It lays out the structure of an Internet-based Yellow Pages where an application can find other service providers.
- Using the Yellow Pages online, you can find almost any product sold in Singapore, and sometimes you can order it on-line as well.
- Making matters even worse, regional telephone companies decided to compete for Internet Yellow Pages contracts.
Definition of Yellow Pages in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India