- A genus name sometimes applied to Australopithecus.More example sentences
- It belonged to the early hominid whom her husband Louis named Zinjanthropus - later Australopithecus - boisei.
- In the first season, 1959, Mary Leakey found the skull of Zinjanthropus and the following season their son Jonathan discovered the first remains of Homo habilis.
- That's because Leakey knew that his find wasn't what he'd hoped; Zinjanthropus would not be the proverbial ‘missing link.’
1950s: modern Latin, from Arabic Zinj, the early medieval name for East Africa, + Greek anthrōpos 'man'.
More definitions of ZinjanthropusDefinition of Zinjanthropus in:
- The British & World English dictionary