Definition of abaca in English:
1A large herbaceous Philippine plant of the banana family that yields Manila hemp.
- Musa textilis, family Musaceae
- The abaca plant, a type of banana, grows in the Philippines.
- The principal cash crops are coconuts, bananas, pineapples, sugar, tobacco, and abaca.
- Important export crops are abaca, copra (dried coconut meat), pineapple, sugar, and tobacco.
Words that rhyme with abacaseersucker • stomacher
Definition of abaca in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan