- Computer software that is no longer distributed or supported by the developer or copyright holder: those who illegally distribute abandonware on the Web see themselves as archivists who are helping save old computer programs for posterityMore example sentences
- The creators of software have control over their creations by means of copyright and trademarks; users of warez and abandonware sidestep that control for their own ends.
- Many popular abandonware sites have subsequently been abandoned.
- There are many warez sites which want to hide behind the cover of abandonware.
More definitions of abandonwareDefinition of abandonware in:
- The British & World English dictionary