easy (or simple) as ABC
- Extremely easy or straightforward.More example sentences
- To them, preventing HIV infection is as simple as ABC - A for Abstinence, B for Being faithful and C for Condoms.
- The dazzler was John, for whom kindness and consideration towards his customers in the restaurant is as easy as ABC.
- ‘If life was as simple as ABC or 123, there wouldn't be that frown on your face,’ an unfamiliar voice sounded behind her.
- An American-born person of Chinese descent: like many ABCs, his identity is a tapestryMore example sentences
- Though some ABCs want to be recognized as "real Chinese," I don't.
- If it has taught us one central lesson, it may well be that the world known as Chinese America is populated with all of us - women, men, FOBs, and ABCs - and together we can better achieve our vision for tomorrow.
- I'm a little surprised when an ABC has bad grammar.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting American-born people of Chinese descent: some ABC parents send their children to Chinese language schoolsMore example sentences
- David said he was ABC, American Born Chinese.
- I have an ABC friend who speaks much worse Chinese than me, but nobody pushes her to switch to English when they talk with her.
1970s: from the initial letters of American-born Chinese.