- The magnitude (brightness) of a celestial object as it would be seen at a standard distance of 10 parsecs. Compare with apparent magnitude.More example sentences
- Their absolute magnitude is that of their appearance at 10 parsecs, or 32.6 light-years.
- An award… shall be presented annually to the amateur astronomer who, using amateur equipment only, discovers the largest absolute magnitude new asteroid having a near-Earth orbit during the preceding calendar year.
- Relative risk indicates the relative size of the difference in disease rates between two groups, but it gives no indication of the absolute magnitude of the disease rates.
More definitions of absolute magnitudeDefinition of absolute magnitude in:
- The British & World English dictionary