Able to be absorbed, especially into the body.
- When the bacteria (lactobacillus acidophillus, bifidus or bulgaricus) grow to make yoghurt, they do so by fermenting the normal milk sugar, lactose, into absorbable products.
- At 44 I have at last weaned myself from milk and must admit I have heaps more energy, and am taking a calcium supplement to ensure my body receives it in a regular absorbable manner.
- I recommend calcium citrate, which is the most absorbable form.
- Example sentences
- But the real breakthrough came later, when Dr. Fujita discovered that the absorbability of AACa could be even further enhanced by adding HAI, a preparation of specially processed algae.
- Certain foods either inhibit or enhance the bioavailability (absorbability) of nonheme iron.
- The issue of absorbability was discussed and supplements with high absorbability ratings (calcium citrate and calcium carbonate) were recommended.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of absorbable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.