Definition of absorbable in English:
Able to be absorbed, especially into the body.
- When the bacteria (lactobacillus acidophillus, bifidus or bulgaricus) grow to make yoghurt, they do so by fermenting the normal milk sugar, lactose, into absorbable products.
- At 44 I have at last weaned myself from milk and must admit I have heaps more energy, and am taking a calcium supplement to ensure my body receives it in a regular absorbable manner.
- I recommend calcium citrate, which is the most absorbable form.
- Example sentences
- But the real breakthrough came later, when Dr. Fujita discovered that the absorbability of AACa could be even further enhanced by adding HAI, a preparation of specially processed algae.
- Certain foods either inhibit or enhance the bioavailability (absorbability) of nonheme iron.
- The issue of absorbability was discussed and supplements with high absorbability ratings (calcium citrate and calcium carbonate) were recommended.
Pronunciation: /əbˌzôrbəˈbilitē, -ˌsôr-/noun
Definition of absorbable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia