- Intensely engaged; engrossed: she sat in an armchair, absorbed in a bookMore example sentences
- Completely absorbed, Rolando glided across the dance floor with her in his arms.
- Calypso hung her head as if absorbed by the address in her fist.
- If I recall, you were kind of absorbed with Mikey.
- More example sentences
- These mini-martyrs can be absorbedly self-pitying, like prisoners who pay lip service to free living, but their capacity for surrender yields some powerfully fatalistic evaluations of hope.
- You find you cannot always depend upon yourself as absorbedly as when you assumed the orchid position, because you are more vulnerable, dependent upon the psychic phenomena that occupy your meditation.
- She immediately dropped her last bag of candy and watched absorbedly as he navigated through the small huddle of people, stretching his shoulders and exchanging small talk with anxious teammates.
More definitions of absorbedDefinition of absorbed in:
- The British & World English dictionary