- An absence of willpower or an inability to act decisively, as a symptom of mental illness.More example sentences
- We report 2 previously non-demented patients who developed acute confusional state, abulia, and moderate cognitive decline after the occurrence of an infarct in the capsular genu.
- This abulia is really getting to me, I can't figure it out.
- This self should be free from mental and physical stigmata (suggestibility, amnesia, aboulia, anesthesia, etc.), which commonly characterize the disintegrated states making up multiple personality.
mid 19th century: coined from a-1 'without' + Greek boulē 'the will'.
More definitions of abuliaDefinition of abulia in:
- The British & World English dictionary