- 1In large quantities; plentifully: the plant grows abundantly in the wildMore example sentences
- Wild parsley grows so abundantly at the top of our steep section that I've never needed to plant any in the garden.
- But it was not too hard to do this at this time of year when wild grass grew abundantly in the fields.
- Jupiter frequently rules plants that grow abundantly and dandelion is a particularly good example.
- 1.1 [as submodifier] Extremely: my boss made it abundantly clear that if I didn’t like it, I should look for another jobMore example sentences
- He'd made it abundantly clear that it was an extremely risky game to play.
- Recent research has made it abundantly clear that females are not passive participants in sexual reproduction.
- Global atmospherics made it abundantly clear that thinking globally and acting locally were not enough.