A herbaceous plant or shrub of the mallow family, native to warm climates and typically bearing showy yellow, red, or mauve flowers.
- Genus Abutilon, family Malvaceae
More example sentences
- The rest of the garden is filled with shade- and sun-loving subtropical and Mediterranean plants - abutilon, bougainvillea, datura, giant bird of paradise, and princess flower (Tibouchina).
- Planted beneath it, and in the matching raised bed across the runnel, is a collection of bold and textural plants such as abutilon, acanthus, agapanthus, and Tasmanian tree fern.
- Star jasmine trained in a diamond pattern against the wall, yellow clivia, and dwarf abutilon in hanging baskets add interest lower down.
Definition of abutilon in:
- The British & World English dictionary