- The environment or community concerned with the pursuit of research, education, and scholarship: he spent his working life in academiaMore example sentences
- Youth is a rare species, and much loved - as much by art and academia as by market research.
- If medical academia is to flourish research and education must be given equal weight.
- Similar influences are at work in the arts, education, academia and especially in the sphere of politics.
1950s: from Latin (see academy).
More definitions of academiaDefinition of academia in:
- The British & World English dictionary