1North American An academic; an intellectual.
- Microsoft makes its source code accessible to a variety of customers, partners, researchers, governments and academicians through the Shared Source Initiative.
- The primary reason for this transition is that scholars and academicians in medical schools consider the data important and possibly valid.
- At other times, academicians or scholarly researchers have debated it in publications.
2A member of an academy, especially of the Royal Academy of Arts, the Académie Française, or the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- He is an academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences and a member of the Presidential Council on Sciences and Education, and has enormous influence on the selection and training of all Russian space travelers.
- Topgyal, a Tibetan academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, was very excited at the news about the successful launch of the manned Shenzhou V spaceship that made China the third country in the world to send a man into space.
- Although he has been elected mayor twice in succession since 1995, Xu is an academician at the Chinese Academy of Engineering, and is still a professor and tutor for doctoral students of the university.
Words that rhyme with academicianaddition, aesthetician (US esthetician), ambition, audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, musician, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
Definition of academician in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.