- Loss of the ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations, typically resulting from disease or injury of the parietal lobe of the brain.More example sentences
- Denburg and Tranel have described three general categories of acalculia, which are summarized in Table 11-1.
- Patients with acalculia are unable to perform mathematical calculations, although some other numerical processing may still be available to them.
- Testing of acalculia has to encroach both oral and written calculations with clinical and standardized neuropsychological tests.
More definitions of acalculiaDefinition of acalculia in:
- The British & World English dictionary