Definition of acanthodian in English:
A small spiny-finned, jawed fossil fish of a group found chiefly in the Devonian period.
- Class (or subclass) Acanthodii
- The first jawed fish in the fossil record are the acanthodians, which first occur in the Late Silurian.
- But the treasure I did find was in the form of a beautifully preserved large set of fossil fish jaws belonging to an acanthodian.
- In addition, there are archaic elements, such as the antiarch and arthrodire placoderms as well as acanthodians.
Definition of acanthodian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan