(also accelerator card)
- An accessory circuit board that can be plugged into a computer to increase the speed of its processor or input/output operations.More example sentences
- I did some digging on Google and found that MS Flight Sim 2000 requires at least a Pentium 166 MHz processor, 32 meg RAM for Windows 9x machines, and an optional 3D graphics accelerator card.
- All a kid needs is some familiarity with computers and, in most cases, a PC equipped with at least a 4-megabyte, 3D graphics accelerator card, a feature found in many computers sold in the past year or so.
- One of the essentials for PC gaming, the 3D accelerator card, was literally not known in most hardware outlets nearly two years ago.
More definitions of accelerator boardDefinition of accelerator board in:
- The British & World English dictionary