- An instrument for measuring acceleration, typically that of an automobile, ship, aircraft, or spacecraft, or that involved in the vibration of a machine, building, or other structure.More example sentences
- In addition, NASA's second redesigned tank has been outfitted with temperature sensors and accelerometers, used to measure vibration.
- A monitoring system, including tension sensors, accelerometers, and deformation gauges, will be put in place for purposes of bridge maintenance.
- The accelerometer is used to measure shocks and vibration caused by road roughness while the GPS unit records the truck position.
More definitions of accelerometerDefinition of accelerometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary