A small Eurasian songbird with generally drab-colored plumage.
- Family Prunellidae and genus Prunella: several species
More example sentences
- Additional subfamilies placed within Passeridae include: sparrows, accentors, weavers and waxbills (Estrildinae).
- Close relatives to Old World sparrows are pipits (family Motacillidae), accentors (family Prunellidae) and possibly finches (family Fringillidae).
- However, only terrestrial species have been tested, such as barn swallows, tree swallows, dunnocks, alpine accentors, and acorn woodpeckers.
early 19th century: from late Latin, from ad- 'to' + cantor 'singer'.
Definition of accentor in:
- The British & World English dictionary