Definition of accusing in English:
(Of an expression, gesture, or tone of voice) indicating a belief in someone’s guilt or culpability: she stared at him with accusing eyes
More example sentences
- There was an accusing tone to her voice, one that she couldn't quite conceal.
- The last part was said with a half accusing tone, tempered by the deep affection in her eyes.
- But haven't there been other tragedies on this scale, the accusing voices say.
- Example sentences
- Over half the seats sat accusingly empty throughout the ‘public meeting’.
- The monumental bust, The Last Roman, looks on accusingly.
- When I went home for winter vacation, my beloved ponderosa pines seemed to regard me accusingly in the mist.
Definition of accusing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.