A colorless volatile liquid aldehyde obtained by oxidizing ethanol.
- Alternative name: ethanal; chemical formula: CH3CHO
More example sentences
- To investigate this point further, we first established the impact of oxygen deprivation, and also of a return to air, on the dynamics of fermentation by monitoring oxygen and the production of ethanol, acetaldehyde and carbon dioxide.
- A second dehydrogenation turns acetaldehyde into acetic acid, aka vinegar, which gets digested as usual.
- It occurs synthetically as a byproduct in the manufacture of acetaldehyde and formaldehyde and during the atmospheric oxidation of turpentine.
Definition of acetaldehyde in:
- The British & World English dictionary