Definition of acetaminophen in English:
1An analgesic drug used to treat headaches, arthritis, etc., and also to reduce fever, often as an alternative to aspirin. Proprietary names include Tylenol.
- Chemical formula: C8H9NO2
- Usually safe alternatives to aspirin include acetaminophen or salsalate (Szczeklik et al.
- Treat your child's fever with acetaminophen - Tylenol, Tempra - when needed.
- Pain medicine such as aspirin or acetaminophen may help.
1.1A tablet containing the drug acetaminophen .
- In tests, John J. Johnston and his colleagues gave 30 caged snakes dead, newborn mice with two 40-milligram acetaminophen tablets packed inside.
- For example, one extra strength acetaminophen tablet could be fatal to a cat.
- He continued to study her as they finished pitching the tent, then quietly handed her two acetaminophen tablets and a dixie cup of water.
Definition of acetaminophen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia