- 1An analgesic drug used to treat headaches, arthritis, etc., and also to reduce fever, often as an alternative to aspirin. Proprietary names include Tylenol.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C8H9NO2
- Usually safe alternatives to aspirin include acetaminophen or salsalate (Szczeklik et al.
- Treat your child's fever with acetaminophen - Tylenol, Tempra - when needed.
- Pain medicine such as aspirin or acetaminophen may help.
- 1.1A tablet containing the drug acetaminophen .More example sentences
- In tests, John J. Johnston and his colleagues gave 30 caged snakes dead, newborn mice with two 40-milligram acetaminophen tablets packed inside.
- For example, one extra strength acetaminophen tablet could be fatal to a cat.
- He continued to study her as they finished pitching the tent, then quietly handed her two acetaminophen tablets and a dixie cup of water.
More definitions of acetaminophenDefinition of acetaminophen in:
- The British & World English dictionary