- Of or like vinegar or acetic acid.More example sentences
- Glycin dissolves readily in alkaline or acetic solutions, but is virtually insoluble in plain water.
- The chromosomes were stained with acetic orcein and visualized with a light microscope.
- Most everyday wines are very low in acetic acid but some red wines may be excessively acetic.
late 18th century: from French acétique, from Latin acetum 'vinegar'.
More definitions of aceticDefinition of acetic in:
- The British & World English dictionary