- The anhydride of acetic acid. It is a colorless pungent liquid, used in making synthetic fibers.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: (CH3CO)2O
- Nitration with nitric acid alone, or in combination with acetic acid, acetic anhydride, or sulfuric acid, are common examples of adding nitro functional groups to aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Second, the alkaloid is refluxed with acetic anhydride for about five hours.
- Opium is turned into heroin through a refining process that requires the application of acetic anhydride, a chemical agent manufactured in Europe, Mexico and the US.
More definitions of acetic anhydrideDefinition of acetic anhydride in:
- The British & World English dictionary