Definition of acetone in English:
A colorless volatile liquid ketone made by oxidizing isopropanol, used as an organic solvent and synthetic reagent.
- Chemical formula: CH3COCH3
- Solvents permitted in the UK for extraction include acetone, hexane, ethyl acetate, ethyl alcohol, and carbon dioxide.
- Ketones are extensively used as solvents, with acetone being the most well known example.
- These may contain solvents such as toluene, isopropryl alcohol, ethyl and butyl acetates, acetone and other ketones.
Definition of acetone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.