- Producing or resembling vinegar: acetous fermentationMore example sentences
- Or the same articles may be treated with a quart of distilled vinegar, to form the compound acetous tincture.
- Malt Vinegar is an aged and filtered product obtained from the acetous fermentation of distilled infusion of malt and is a good example of vinegar originating from cereals.
- If wines are kept in a warm cellar, an acetous fermentation will soon commence, and the result consequently will be vinegar.
late Middle English (rare before the late 18th century): from late Latin acetosus 'sour', from Latin acetum 'vinegar'.
More definitions of acetousDefinition of acetous in:
- The British & World English dictionary