- A saltlike compound formed from acetylene and a metal, containing the anion (C≡C)- or HC≡C-. Acetylides are typically unstable or explosive.More example sentences
- Apart from being deactivated, potentially explosive acetylides are also produced.
- The acetylides of silver, copper, mercury, and gold are detonated by heat, friction, or shock.
- The acetylides should be carefully mixed with the raw aluminum nitride.
More definitions of acetylideDefinition of acetylide in:
- The British & World English dictionary