- systematic chemical name for aspirin.More example sentences
- Its analgesic effects are somewhere midway between morphine and codeine, and the drug is frequently combined with either acetaminophen or acetylsalicylic acid with or without caffeine.
- Coadministration of acetylsalicylic acid and warfarin increases the risk of bleeding.
- Since then, aspirin, or acetylsalicylic acid, has remained one of the world's safest, least expensive, and most consumed analgesics.
More definitions of acetylsalicylic acidDefinition of acetylsalicylic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary