Definition of achimenes in English:
noun (plural same)
A tropical American plant with tubular or trumpet-shaped flowers.
- Genus Achimenes, family Gesneriaceae
- We have trialed a number of achimenes for winter hardiness and are always thrilled when we find another cultivar to add to our list.
- It is the 7th of September and my achimenes is still in full bloom.
- The easiest bulb is achimeneswhich is actually a rhizome and so can safely be laid on its side.
Definition of achimenes in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia