- (Chiefly of crystals) needle-shaped.More example sentences
- The acicular crystals are sometimes intergrown or twinned, causing a distortion that results in seemingly single crystals with relatively fat bases tapering to pointed terminations.
- All of the acicular crystals are late Neoproterozoic
- The largest amphibole crystals are embedded in the rock matrix, whereas the smaller acicular crystals line the hollows.
early 18th century: from late Latin acicula 'small needle', diminutive of acus.
More definitions of acicularDefinition of acicular in:
- The British & World English dictionary