Definition of aconite in English:
1A poisonous plant of the buttercup family, which bears hooded pink or purple flowers. It is native to temperate regions of the northern hemisphere.
- This would allow for the use of a variety of familiar medicinal herbs, including poisonous plants like aconite.
- Other plants in the fragrant garden include a cherry plum which is allegedly a remedy for stress and anxiety and aconite, a toxic plant which in small doses is claimed to be good for colds.
- Saturn also rules over many of the herbs that are potentially poisonous or toxic (eg., aconite, helleborus, nightshade).
1.1An extract of aconite, used as a poison or in medicinal preparations.
- The Three Arterial Sedatives: veratrum, aconite and gelsemium.
- In fact baking or cooking for a long time in pressurized hot water can help to neutralize the toxic aconitum in raw aconite.
- In the Book of Venoms, he listed arsenic, aconite, hellebore, laurel, opium, bryony, mandrake, leopard's gall, and menstrual blood.
Definition of aconite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan