- A stalkless barnacle that attaches itself to a variety of surfaces including rocks, ships, and marine animals. Large numbers of individuals may form a heavy encrustation that can affect the progress of a ship.
More example sentences
- Genus Balanus, family Balanidae
- Chthamalus anisopoma is a mid-intertidal acorn barnacle distributed throughout the Gulf of California.
- Limpets and acorn barnacles are the most important food items on the wintering grounds of the Black Turnstone.
- Here we will find acorn barnacles, mussels, crabs, and sea stars.
More definitions of acorn barnacleDefinition of acorn barnacle in:
- The British & World English dictionary