Definition of acorn worm in English:
A burrowing wormlike marine animal of shallow waters. Its body consists of a proboscis, a collar, and a long trunk with gill slits, and contains a notochordlike structure.
- Class Enteropneusta, phylum Hemichordata
- The cilia on the larvae of acorn worms capture algae.
- Pterobranchs as very different from acorn worms; they form colonies in which the individuals are interconnected by stems, or stolons.
- An acorn worm isn't much more than a thin, cylindrical bag with a head and collar resembling an acorn.
Definition of acorn worm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan