Definition of acorn worm in English:
A burrowing wormlike marine animal of shallow waters. Its body consists of a proboscis, a collar, and a long trunk with gill slits, and contains a notochordlike structure.
- Class Enteropneusta, phylum Hemichordata
- The cilia on the larvae of acorn worms capture algae.
- Pterobranchs as very different from acorn worms; they form colonies in which the individuals are interconnected by stems, or stolons.
- An acorn worm isn't much more than a thin, cylindrical bag with a head and collar resembling an acorn.
Definition of acorn worm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.