- The art or occupation of performing in plays, movies, or television productions: she studied acting in New YorkMore example sentences
- This is a film with fine acting, camera work free of frills and a plot that will keep you guessing.
- We talked a lot about Fifties-style acting, especially Montgomery Clift.
- The acting in the film is as predictable as the various denouements.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Temporarily doing the duties of another person: acting directorMore example sentences
- He later served as flow director for the Space Shuttle Discovery and then as the acting deputy director of the Installation Operations Directorate.
- But she already had a letter showing she had passed her probationary period, signed by her acting duty station manger.
- It was his duty as acting sheriff until his brother was back to protect her.