- An instrument for measuring the intensity of radiation, typically ultraviolet radiation.More example sentences
- Second, to measure the number of moles of photons or einsteins absorbed by the actinometer, a calibrated system must be used, which can be either another actinometric solution or a calibrated radiometer, photocell or photodiode.
- Chemical actinometry using the potassium ferrioxalate actinometer gave an incident intensity 10 of about 2.8 X 10 + 16 quanta-s 1.
- Porrino et al using an instrument designed at the NIMH called the actinometer found that a 15 mg dose of DAS would produce a decrease in hyperactive motor behavior for 8 hours.
mid 19th century: from Greek aktis, aktin- 'ray' + -meter.
More definitions of actinometerDefinition of actinometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary