(also activated charcoal)
- Charcoal that has been heated or otherwise treated to increase its adsorptive power.More example sentences
- The Fort Wayne, Indiana, municipal treatment plant specially treats its water with activated charcoal to remove atrazine.
- Activated charcoal filters used for home water treatment contain either granular activated charcoal or powdered block charcoal.
- Treatment with multiple doses of activated charcoal increases the excretion of a number of drugs.
More definitions of activated carbonDefinition of activated carbon in:
- The British & World English dictionary