Definition of active barrier in English:
1A barrier that allows passage of defined agents while preventing or impeding others, in particular.
- Furthermore, such active barriers are expensive and add equipment and design cost to the system.
- In the past, there were active barriers that filtered out people of a certain race or gender.
- The following diagrams showing crash performance data for a variety of passive and active barriers.
1.1A security barrier that responds to attempted entries with sensors or personnel.
- This technology takes active barrier structures into the 21st century of perimeter detection systems
- The active barrier will be placed as a protection of the terrace of the experimental house to demonstrate the possibility to control an outdoor space.
- Security improvements to perimeter fencing and gates include sentry booths, pass office, truck inspection station, inspection canopy, passive barriers, active barriers, emergency generators, and site lighting.
1.2A physical or chemical barrier that intercepts contaminants, debris, or other unwanted substances.
- And what it does is it's an active barrier in the sense that it swells when moisture migrates into it and seals.
- The biologically active barrier is set up vertical to the groundwater flow direction according to the flow characteristics and main contaminant concentration of the groundwater.
- This layer behaves as an active barrier that prevents the interfacial reactions between the aluminium and the silicon carbide and that have a detrimental effect on the material properties.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan