- A list of the officers in an armed service who are liable to be called on for duty.More example sentences
- Consequently, the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve was formed to create a pool of aircrewmen who could be brought on to the active list as soon as war seemed imminent.
- An amorous escapade saw him placed on half pay, but he was restored to the active list to rewrite the cavalry manual, and commanded cavalry brigades at Canterbury and Aldershot.
- During the same period of time, a total of 88,000 military personnel were taken from the active list,’ Hsia said.
More definitions of active listDefinition of active list in:
- The British & World English dictionary