Definition of actor in English:
1A person whose profession is acting on the stage, in movies, or on television.
- Fincher usually gets great performances from his actors, and this film was no different.
- We tend to see film and television actors through all of their previous performances.
- This is not uncommon in Allen's films - actors love working with him and he always gets the best out of them.
1.2A participant in an action or process: employers are key actors within industrial relations
More example sentences
- It will identify the processes and the key actors and how can they be better understood and planned by city authorities.
- Interaction: a cyclic process in which two actors alternately listen, think and speak.
- Both approaches allow little room for the role of factors that might be specific to particular actors.
late Middle English (originally denoting an agent or administrator): from Latin, 'doer, actor', from agere 'do, act'. The theater sense dates from the 16th century.