- 1Characteristic of an actor or actress: he seems to lack the actorly range that the role requiresMore example sentences
- The power comes from what the performance reveals about Depp, not what bits of actorly business he hides behind.
- He had conveyed the strange hold the ring had on him with in wonderfully actorly fashion.
- He demonstrated a keen actorly sixth sense during the shoots.
- 1.1Affected or excessively dramatic: she eschews the actorly flourishes of her co-starMore example sentences
- The film doesn't reek of actorly vanity or the shameless pursuit of Oscar glory.
- Thankfully it also comes across as an actorly affectation and isn't written into the character's story.
- He admits, nonetheless, that other stories about his life, such as his actorly eccentricities, are not entirely fabricated.
More definitions of actorlyDefinition of actorly in:
- The British & World English dictionary