- 1Not displaying or forming part of a cycle.More example sentences
- An orientation is acyclic if it contains no directed cycle, and is totally cyclic if every edge is contained in some oriented cycle.
- The network model without selection is also implemented in the directed acyclic graphs used in causal modeling.
- Over the past 15 years, directed acyclic graphs have been introduced into the statistical and philosophical literature to describe statistical models and the causal relationships they capture.
- 1.2 Chemistry (Of a compound or molecule) containing no rings of atoms.More example sentences
- We describe here the photochromism of another class of viologen inclusion complexes in which the linear acyclic viologen molecules are included in the cavity of crown ether having the pi-electron-donating units.
- The latter are substrates for at least seven different enzyme families, whose products are a group of cyclic and acyclic compounds, collectively named oxylipins, which play different roles in plant cells.
- Channel formation may be the result of the presence of the acyclic monoterpine side chain.
More definitions of acyclicDefinition of acyclic in:
- The British & World English dictionary