Definition of adaptive in English:
Characterized by or given to adaptation: mutation is ultimately essential for adaptive evolution in all populations
More example sentences
- You can even make the case that it is an evolutionary adaptive behaviour.
- The adaptive skills are those daily living skills needed to live, work and play in the community.
- It also features adaptive headlights that swivel with the direction of travel to illuminate the road ahead.
- Example sentences
- Age plus adaptivity is what makes a building come to be loved.
- Further, this approach can easily be applied to other nutrient and environmental stresses challenging plant adaptivity, or also to investigations of plant developmental programmes.
- To achieve these new levels of vigilance, safety, and adaptivity, we must fundamentally rethink how we program embedded systems.
Definition of adaptive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan