Definition of adaptive in English:
Characterized by or given to adaptation: mutation is ultimately essential for adaptive evolution in all populations
More example sentences
- You can even make the case that it is an evolutionary adaptive behaviour.
- The adaptive skills are those daily living skills needed to live, work and play in the community.
- It also features adaptive headlights that swivel with the direction of travel to illuminate the road ahead.
- Example sentences
- Age plus adaptivity is what makes a building come to be loved.
- Further, this approach can easily be applied to other nutrient and environmental stresses challenging plant adaptivity, or also to investigations of plant developmental programmes.
- To achieve these new levels of vigilance, safety, and adaptivity, we must fundamentally rethink how we program embedded systems.
Definition of adaptive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.