- Facing toward the stem of a plant (especially denoting the upper surface of a leaf). The opposite of abaxial.More example sentences
- The environments of the adaxial and abaxial leaf surface differ in many ways.
- Since the midvein (indicated by an arrowhead) is at the center of the images it is clearly shown that the leaves curl toward their adaxial surface.
- In Florida, Prokelisia are present throughout the year feeding on the phloem and laying eggs into the adaxial surfaces of the leaves.
More definitions of adaxialDefinition of adaxial in:
- The British & World English dictionary