Definition of addax in English:
A large antelope with a mainly grayish and white coat, native to the deserts of North Africa.
- Addax nasomaculatus, family Bovidae
- At one point, some of the addaxes trotted over to us, no doubt looking for their customary handout.
- You'll find the addax herd in the main pasture, generally hanging out along the scenic drive route.
- The addax is able to obtain all needed moisture from its food, and rarely - if ever - drinks water.
late 17th century: from Latin, from an African word recorded by Pliny.
Words that rhyme with addaxco-ax • Fairfax • Ceefax
Definition of addax in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan