A large antelope with a mainly grayish and white coat, native to the deserts of North Africa.
- Addax nasomaculatus, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- At one point, some of the addaxes trotted over to us, no doubt looking for their customary handout.
- You'll find the addax herd in the main pasture, generally hanging out along the scenic drive route.
- The addax is able to obtain all needed moisture from its food, and rarely - if ever - drinks water.
late 17th century: from Latin, from an African word recorded by Pliny.
More definitions of addaxDefinition of addax in:
- The British & World English dictionary